Sunday, October 9, 2011

Blog Post #4 - Web 2.0, Social Networking, and Technology

1. Social Networks has made a huge impact on language use. People type so much that they become lazy. people used to write complete sentences, then they started using abbreviations for everything. Example: Instead of writing Be Right Back instead people write (BRB) Abbreviations is taking over day to day conversations. The lazier people get the more abbreviations they come up with. I was on Facebook one day and my friend put " RNS " under my status. i didn't know what it meant so i googled it, come to find out it stands for " Real Nigga Shit " people would abbreviate ANYTHINGGGGG ! & it's all because of Social Sites.

2. I I think it reduces its necessity because WORLD WIDE Chinese is the highest spoken language. Only in America English Is #1 so i don't thing the spread of the internet would create a larger need for English knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment